Due to the functionality missing from a website listing, some are speculating that Halo: Infinite won’t be coming to Xbox Play Anywhere and thus PC.
Microsoft made a big song and dance about Xbox Play Anywhere, and it’s not hard to see why. The program brings all of Microsoft’s first party games to Xbox as well as PC and allows players to own both versions while also being able to carry their progress between the platforms too. It’s a very cool system and has had big implications. We saw the return of Gears of War to the PC with Gears of War 4 due to the program and of course, many are excited about potentially having Halo back on the PC for the first time since Halo 2.
Or rather, that was assumed. It seems there might be a reason to hold some caution. DynamiteCop from NeoGAF (via Gamespot) spotted that the functionality is not listed on the website for the next game in the series, Halo: Infinite. This is potentially strange because the functionality is listed for other upcoming games like Gears 5. While not definitive, it certainly is something to give pause to for something most people assumed would happen.
However, I would caution that this might just be indicative of Halo: Infinite being early on in development. Halo is still Microsoft’s FPS crown jewel and discussions about what to do with the game could still be ongoing. Also, it could just be the case of Microsoft wanting to hold onto the news for a big reveal at E3. We will have to see on that.
- 343 Developer Confirms No Cash Loot Boxes in Halo Infinite
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Receives a Major Update
- SkyBox Labs Joins 343 Industries to Work on Halo: Infinite
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018