On his website, ex-DC CCO Geoff Johns announced he would be writing a new Shazam comic book series, saying
A new series coming in fall 2018! Billy Batson and his surrogate family; Mary Bromfield, Freddy Freeman, Darla Dudley, Eugen Choi and Pedro Pena unlock the mysteries of the Rock of Eternity and delve into the secret worlds of magic to discover their ultimate destiny!
Yesterday at his San Diego Comic-Con panel, he confirmed that it would be drawn by Dale Eaglesham and come out in November, for my birthday actually. Thanks, Geoff.
Johns also talked about his pop-up label The Killing Zone and the diverse titles within, including period pieces in the 1940s to the future of the 2040s and are an attempt for Johns to challenge himself, with new characters and DC Comics characters who haven’t been seen for a long time, described as the worst characters that no one else had pitched, to tell political stories, set over a century. And more specifically, like Doomsday Clock, his frustration with the American political climate. Look for it to being in May in 2019. And it will also have a TV/film aspect from his company Mad Ghost…
- The Daily LITG – 15th October 2018 – Titanic Daze - October 15, 2018
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument - October 14, 2018
- Almost A Thousand Cosplay Photos From New York Comic Con 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Preview of Next Week’s Doctor Who, Rosa Parks, and New TARDIS - October 14, 2018
- Carol Danvers’ New Origin This Week Includes Her Real Name - October 14, 2018