On his website, ex-DC CCO Geoff Johns announced he would be writing a new Shazam comic book series, saying
A new series coming in fall 2018! Billy Batson and his surrogate family; Mary Bromfield, Freddy Freeman, Darla Dudley, Eugen Choi and Pedro Pena unlock the mysteries of the Rock of Eternity and delve into the secret worlds of magic to discover their ultimate destiny!
Yesterday at his San Diego Comic-Con panel, he confirmed that it would be drawn by Dale Eaglesham and come out in November, for my birthday actually. Thanks, Geoff.
Johns also talked about his pop-up label The Killing Zone and the diverse titles within, including period pieces in the 1940s to the future of the 2040s and are an attempt for Johns to challenge himself, with new characters and DC Comics characters who haven’t been seen for a long time, described as the worst characters that no one else had pitched, to tell political stories, set over a century. And more specifically, like Doomsday Clock, his frustration with the American political climate. Look for it to being in May in 2019. And it will also have a TV/film aspect from his company Mad Ghost…
- Debauchery, Deceit and Delight in That Order: The Fantastic Four Wedding Special, Reviewed - December 11, 2018
- What a Coincidence – a Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 Review - December 11, 2018
- Alan Moore’s Feature Film, The Show, Now Filming in Northampton - December 11, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 11th December 2018 – Double The Stories - December 11, 2018
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018