We’ve already got three Jokers, so it makes sense that DC Comics announced yet another Batman at San Diego Comic-Con tonight. This new Batman is one who took Joe Chill’s gun from him in the alley and killed him. This Batman will debut in the new series The Batman Who Laughs by Scott Snyder and Jock, spinning out of Dark Nights: Metal, as a sort-of-sidekick to the titular laughing Batman.
Dying to see more of the Batman Who Laughs? Writer @Ssnyder1835 and artist @Jock4twenty bring him back alongside a NEW evil Batman in THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS — a new miniseries coming this Fall. #DCSDCC #SDCC2018 pic.twitter.com/cyVciJmsbP
— DC (@DCComics) July 20, 2018
Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Marcos Salinas is on the scene at the panel, sending us the following live report:
The Batman who laughs is the terrifying batman who haunts the dreams of Bruce Wayne. A foe who acts as a dark mirror to the ways of the otherwise righteous Batman. He’s scoured the multiverse and dark multiverse after the shattering of the source wall and found the one thing Batman never wanted, a version of himself holding the very gun that Joe Chill used to kill his parents, long dried of the blood of its original owner. This version of Batman is the deadliest hunter of Gotham Night
You get a Batman! And you get a Batman! And you get a Batman! Stay tuned to Bleeding Cool for news on all the latest Batmans!
- The War on Christmas Comes to Rugrats in C is for Chanukah One-Shot - August 21, 2018
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Gets an A-List Guest Star in November - August 21, 2018
- Valiant Will Ship Glass Variants Directly to Comic Book Stores - August 21, 2018
- C.S. Pascat and Johanna The Mad’s Fence to Become an Ongoing Graphic Novel Series - August 21, 2018
- Marvel Teams Up With NY Jets for Fabian Nicieza Comic, Collectibles, More - August 21, 2018