Would you have played a horror game staring The Legend of Zelda character Tingle? Apparently, Nintendo had one in the works! In an interview with Kotaku, Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe revealed that there was a very real movement to make the game with developer Vanpool until it was canceled. Here’s a snippet from the article.
Vanpool makes odd stuff and was going to make another strange title in 2010 that somehow led to the original Dillon’s Rolling Western. “Looking back eight years ago, we were developing a horror game with Vanpool that starred Tingle as the main character,” Tanabe said, “but that project was canceled due to a variety of reasons.” Nintendo kept in touch with Tokyo studio and, Tanabe said, Vanpool developed a prototype for a game featuring a main character that rolled and was controlled with “slingshot controls” that were input with a stylus on a touch screen.
Personally speaking… what an oddity! You think of all the things Nintendo could do with its characters and vast resources, and then you find you that this was a real idea that was in the works. But it does beg the question: Would you have purchased and played a horror game with Tingle in it?
- Nintendo Files Lawsuits Against Two ROM Sites
- Review - The Legend Of Zelda: Encyclopedia by Dark Horse Comics
- Review: The Legend Of Zelda: Art & Artifacts by Dark Horse Comics
- Xbox Gives Us Another Look at Tunic, the Fox Version of Legend of Zelda
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hits One Million Sales in Japan
- Dark Horse Promises "Fresh Air" with New Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hardcover
- Techland Launching Their Own Battle Royale Game with Dying Light: Bad Blood - August 20, 2018
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers - August 19, 2018
- Jujubee Releases a New Trailer for Their Russian Submarine Game KURSK - August 19, 2018
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers - August 19, 2018
- Treadnauts Receives a New Launch Trailer as It’s Released on Steam - August 19, 2018