Bleeding Cool told you that Jessica Jones was to return as a digital-first comic book, when we worked out that the Amazon solicit for Jessica Jones: Classified was very similar for that to Cloak And Dagger‘s listing, revealed as a digital-first comic.
Today IGN and Marvel PR have confirmed our story, and tied it into the Blind Spot teaser that ran yesterday.
And that Marvel Comics are kicking off a new digital comics line called Marvel Digital Originals based on and around characters in their TV shows, Netflix, ABC, Freeform, Hulu and more to come,
The first announced is Kelly Thompson and Mattia de Lulis on Jessica Jones: Blind Spot following on from Brian Bendis‘ Jessica Jones book which he had to leave when he left for DC Comics – Thompson was recommended by Bendis and this was the series teased in Bendis’ final issue. A three issue mini-series of 40-page comics, a 10-page preview runs below.
BLIND SPOT Part 1! Jessica Jones was once the costumed super hero known as Jewel. She sucked at it. Now she’s a private investigator at her own firm, Alias Investigations. She sucks less at that. With the Purple Man gone, her relationship with her husband, Luke Cage, and their daughter, Danielle, is better than ever. But her past always comes knocking, and when a woman whose case she fumbled winds up dead on her office floor, Jessica goes from private investigator to prime suspect. Can she find the real killer and clear her name? A DOUBLE-SIZED Marvel Digital Original you don’t want to miss!
MDO will be 40 pages long and monthly, and published in print, as we noted above.
The Cloak and Dagger digital series we had also previously reported will now be rebranded as MDO.
And three more will be revealed by IDW on Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con. Well, we can tell you that one of them will be the Luke Cage: Classified series being also collected above. Would it be fair to consider that Runaways may be another?
- DC Comics Cancels Your Opportunity to Make Ant Lucia’s Harley Quinn Kiss The Joker Yourself - December 13, 2018
- Diogenes Neves and Scott Hanna Dropped From Suicide Squad #50 and More DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes - December 13, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 13th December 2018, The Scott Snyder Who Laughs - December 13, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018