We mentioned that Batgirl #25 has slipped three weeks, but despite joking that they did this rather than add another artist to the already full list — they’ve done just that. Tom Derenick has now joined the credit list.
Batgirl#25 is now credited as written by Mairghread Scott, Paul Dini, and Marguerite Bennett with art by Tom Derenick, Emanuela Lupacchino, Paul Pelletier, and Dan Panosian.
And here’s a first look at the new variant cover by Joshua Middleton, who has been rather popular of late.
In this special issue, on her return to Gotham, Barbara must come to terms with her complicated feelings about the city that made her Batgirl and turns to her friend, Dick Grayson for help. Does Dick have time for a heart-to-heart while subbing as Batman when Bruce Wayne is out of action? This extra-sized anniversary issue also offers a look at the next arc of the series by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier as the monstrous villain Grotesque returns to murder wealthy art owners and defile their bodies to create his own “art.” And since this is the issue that keeps on giving, also look for a special backup story by Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini and artist Emanuela Lupacchino.
Which is a change from the previously revealed cover for the issue…
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018