Henry Cavill never gave up hope that a Man of Steel sequel would happen, and to be honest, he still hasn’t. He HAS spoken a bit about what the sequel would have been like (from his point of view), and who he’d have liked to fight in the feature.
In a recent interview with Fandom, Cavill named the Superman baddie he wanted to cross paths with.
“I think Brainiac would’ve been a good villain to play against. Brainiac is a big threat, it’d be a lot of fun. There’s a lot of storylines to him.”
The interviewer then asked if he’d want to possibly play an evil Superman a la Superman III.
“I would be very keen to play a classic comic Supes before playing evil. In the comic books, there’s a lot of really really good stories, of Supes being the classic hero with the cloak and the shining light, a hero for everyone to aspire towards. It’d be a lot of fun to play that version of Supes.”
EXCLUSIVE: Do you agree that Brainiac would be a good match for Henry Cavill's Supes? 🧠 pic.twitter.com/cgFciSeCq7
— FANDOM (@getFANDOM) July 17, 2018
We may never get a MoS sequel, but we can look forward to Henry Cavill in Mission: Impossible Fallout which opens in theaters July 27th, 2018.
- Warner Bros. Focusing on Supergirl Film, Drops Superman Plans
- 'The Witcher': Henry Cavill Comments on Geralt Casting
- [Review] 'Mission: Impossible- Fallout' is Fine, But it's No 'Rogue Nation'
- Review: 'Mission: Impossible - Fallout' Explodes Out of the Gate
- Henry Cavill Hosts AMA on His Facebook Page for 'Mission: Impossible - Fallout'
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible - Fallout
- Henry Cavill Says Superman Would Have Been Less Murderous in Man of Steel 2
- Pinup Girl Clothing has Overlook Hotel Items Available for Pre-Order - October 19, 2018
- ‘Halloween’: Three Women Strode into Haddonfield History - October 19, 2018
- Tom Holland Stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live in Spider-Man Suit - October 19, 2018
- Dame Judi Dench Joins Idris Elba in ‘Cats’ Feature Film - October 18, 2018
- Jon Favreau Shares Photo of His ‘Lion King’ Production - October 18, 2018