Today sees the launch of San Diego Comic-Con, the biggest pop culture event in the USA. Comics, movies, books, TV, gaming, toys, collectibles, and cosplay all combine for a truly astounding event. There will be many announcements — Bleeding Cool has collated a few of what we are expecting here — but it will be the tip of the iceberg. Bleeding Cool will be doing our best to collate, report, and break out the biggest and the best of what’s happening — officially and unofficially.
But we also know what is to come on Monday. Bleeding Cool’s Managing Editor Mark Seifert, historian and paper and printing expert, has been researching some interesting unknown history for comic books. Specifically a history of the first Marvel Comics titles of the ’60s, and utterly rewriting what we thought we once knew.
So enjoy the show, have a blast whether you are there or not, and on Monday get up bright and early for Marvel Declassified.
Not a hoax, not a dream, not imaginary. But everything you thought you knew was wrong. It’s an incredible piece of research and, whatever your take on it, you’ll want to be reading Bleeding Cool on Monday. I know I will be.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018