A Sundance movie is looking to make the jump to the mainstream audience with Assassination Nation. The movie, which is getting a Hall H panel at Comic-Con International, was one of the breakout hits of the festival this year and was picked up by Neon for a massive $10 million deal. The first red and green band trailers for the movie have hit, and it still looks like a ton of fun.
If you’re curious, our review of the Sundance screening is right here. It’s very positive, but even without that there are plenty of reasons to get excited about this one.
Summary: High school senior Lily and her crew of besties live in a haze of texts, posts, selfies, and chats—just like the rest of us. So when a provocateur starts posting details from the private digital lives of everyone in their small town of Salem, the result is a Category 5 shitstorm. We’re talking browser histories, direct messages, illegal downloads, secret text chains, and way, way, way worse. People get angry. Like, “rampaging murder posse” angry. And Lily finds herself right in the middle.
Assassination Nation, directed by Sam Levinson, stars Odessa Young, Hari Nef, Suki Waterhouse, Abra, Colman Domingo, Bill Skarsgård, and Joel McHale. It will be released on September 21st in the USA and November 23rd in the UK.
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018