We got a first look at Hell Fest the other day. This is a horror movie that takes place during the horror-themed night at an amusement park, and a serial killer uses the scene to move among the crowd without anyone suspecting him. We got a first trailer for the movie.
Director Gregory Plotkin talked to Entertainment Weekly about how he went to a bunch of different theme parks to prepare, and the one thing that scared him into a panic attack is when the ride unexpectedly died.
“I was with my kids, and I got stuck on a ride, and for the very first time in my entire life, I had a panic attack,” says the director. “My kids could care less, they thought it was the funniest thing in the world, but I literally had to pull out my phone and just read emails to take my mind off of it. It really occurred to me how scary it is and how little control you have in some of these places. It was a real big influence on the development of certain parts of the park [in the film].”
It looks like Plotkin brought that horror to the movie, since there appears to be a scene where a girl is trapped in a ride that has broken down. Nothing like sharing your fear with an entire audience of moviegoers.
Summary: A masked serial killer turns a horror themed amusement park into his own personal playground, terrorizing a group of friends while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show.
Hell Fest, directed by Gregory Plotkin, stars Amy Forsyth, Reign Edwards, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Christian James, Roby Attal, and Matt Mercurio. It will be released on September 28th.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018