Yet another entry into the revival column is coming, and it’ll hit you right in the Nickelodeon ’90s kid feels. Viacom is reviving Rugrats, the animated series featuring babies and toddlers going on adventures.
There will be an already greenlit 26-episode new tv series on Nickelodeon. Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Susie, and Angelica are returning, as well as a new world of characters. Original creators Arlene Klasky, Gábor Csupó, and Paul Germain as executive producers. Production has already begun, and there will be casting announcements made soon.
Chief Operating Officer at Viacom Media Networks Sarah Levy, who is also interim president at Nickelodeon, said:
“Rugrats is hands-down one of the most celebrated cartoons in TV history, and we are thrilled for a whole new audience to meet these iconic characters in brand-new adventures. What was true in 1991 when the original show premiered is still true today: kids are fascinated with the world of babies. We can’t wait for today’s kids to meet Tommy, Chuckie and pals.”
As far as the “live-action” film, it will reportedly have CGI characters and will be handled by Paramount Players, who are also helming the live-action Dora the Explorer film.
President of Paramount Players Brian Robbins said:
“Now feels like the ideal time to reintroduce this iconic cast of characters to a whole new generation of young fans. Kids who grew up with Tommy Pickles and the Rugrats crew will now be able to share that experience with their own children.”
We’ll let you know as soon as we hear anything about Rugrats casting, and when we can expect to see the revival cartoon series on Nickelodeon.
- Nickelodeon Bringing TMNT, Spongebob, and More Exclusives to SDCC
- Full Details of All 237 Wednesday and Thursday Panels at San Diego Comic-Con 2018
- Nickelodeon Brings Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Live Experience to Comic-Con; Plus: Invader Zim, Double Dare, More
- Rugrats, Lady and the Tramp, and More: A Look at February’s DVD/Blu-Ray Special Features
- Rugrats' Reptar Gets a Comic Book Special from Boom! in April
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because ‘Star Wars’ - October 19, 2018
- Tony Winner Matthew Broderick Joins ABC’s The Conners - October 19, 2018
- Some Details Emerge for ‘Miss Fisher & The Crypt of Tears’ Film - October 19, 2018
- The ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Soundtrack is Available TODAY - October 19, 2018