We rarely report on anything Kickstarter related, but this one deserves a slight nod for the content they’re showing off from SEGA. This particular project is kind of awesome as they are pitching a coffee table book that will document the history of Sega’s entire line of classic arcade games throughout the years, and show off the machines by creating a pop-up book version of them within the page descriptions. Here is a quick example of what they intend to do with a lovely representation of the 1985 cabinet for Space Harrier.
As of when we’re writing this, the Kickstarter has earned about $39k of a $53k goal with over three weeks left to go, so we’re pretty confident that they’ll make their money to publish and then some. The real question that is going to be on our minds is whether or not the book will get approval from Sega themselves. Even though having a book called SEGA Arcade: Pop-Up History would be lovely to have on our shelves, there is a notice at the bottom that says “All designs shown are not final and are subject to approval by SEGA”, which is why we’re still hesitant about writing this up if it doesn’t come to fruition. We’ll see if the company gets approval a few months from now.
- SEGA Genesis Classics Receives a Randomly Free VR Update
- Trogdor!! The Board Game Receives Full Funding on Kickstarter
- Sega Releases a New Trailer and Demo for Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Sega Announces Pre-Reg for Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2
- Sega Reveals Team Rose to Join the Fray in Team Sonic Racing
- Sega to Release Several Titles on PC Over the Next Year
- Sega Drops New Gameplay Trailer for Team Sonic Racing
- Black Ops 4 Reveals a Short Preview of New Character Reaper - December 17, 2018
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Recieves Dissonance of the Nexus Expansion - December 17, 2018
- SEGA Ages Will Add Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo 2 on Nintendo Switch - December 17, 2018
- Soulja Boy Says He’s Going to Launch His Own Esports Team - December 17, 2018
- EA Dice Will Restore TTK in New Battlefield V Playlists - December 17, 2018