If you’d like to take a trip back in time, SEGA has decided to provide you with a little bit of a time trip in time for Sonic Mania Plus. The company decided to go old-school for a moment and put together a commercial (which you can watch below) reminiscent of old gaming commercials you might see in the early ’90s where someone was trying to sell you on some crappy game while Sonic the Hedgehog was sitting right next to it. Yeah, it looks modern because cameras are better now and in HD for that 16:9 ratio, but it’s still funny.
Sonic Mania Plus is due out this week as the game adds a bunch of new content and two new characters to last year’s smash hit Sonic Mania. Those who already bought the original can purchase a DLC pack that will have all the new content on it at launch, while those without it can get everything from the previous sone and more in the new game. We’ll have a review for you of the new version shortly, but in the meantime, kick back and enjoy the trailer before the game comes out tomorrow in the U.S. and July 19th in Europe.
- Ian Curran Appointed COO and President of SEGA of America
- SEGA Genesis Classics Receives a Randomly Free VR Update
- Another Mini Retro Console is Coming: The C64 Mini
- SEGA Releases a Dev Diary Going Behind-The-Scenes of Sonic Mania
- Sega President Wants a Sonic Comeback as Much as We Do
- Sonic Mania Plus Confirmed for Release in July
- Sonic Mania Has Sold Over a Million Copies
- Sonic Mania Plus Announced at SXSW with Physical Edition and New Characters
- Sonic the Hedgehog's Future to Be Revealed at SXSW
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018
- Grand Theft Auto Online Brings Warfare to Racing with Arena War - December 11, 2018
- The Next Black Ops 4 Zombies DLC Includes Helena Bonham Carter and Kiefer Sutherland - December 11, 2018
- Critical Role to Bring Back Vox Machina for One Live Event - December 11, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for December 11-17, 2018 - December 11, 2018