All these years later and people are still finding little gems inside classic games, like someone did this past week with Silent Hill 2. Dataminers have recently discovered a few tricks up the old game’s sleeve — there’s a hidden mini-map in the game that apparently you can access to make running through the foggy streets faster, as well as the ability to save your game practically anywhere on the map.
Found two well hidden secrets in Silent Hill 2 (PS2) https://t.co/zoVf1hk2Jc Complex set of button inputs enable four mini map types that display in the top right corner of the screen. The second secret button combo enables you to save anywhere, at anytime. pic.twitter.com/FIIPsGUzYc
— punk7890 (@punk_7890) July 13, 2018
Apparently the code is only available in the original PS2 version, so you’ll need to crank out your old console and disc to give this a shot as it’s not on any of the re-releases, digital versions, or remastered versions. Having the map actually makes getting all five of your potential endings faster, including the hard as hell dog ending we still can’t make sense of and don’t understand why Konami put it in Silent Hill 2. But the map will help you get to it faster. Or you can just watch it here since it, too, is 17 years old.
- 2 Silent Hill Games Have Been Added to Xbox One Backward Compatibility
- Konami Offers Internship to the P.T. Remake Creator After Shutdown
- Guillermo Del Toro Tweets Put Konami On Blast For Handling Of Silent Hills
- Kojima Asked The Gears Of War Creator To Work On Silent Hills
- Norman Reedus Believes Something Will Rise Out Of Cancelled Silent Hills
- Del Toro Says Silent Hills Took Inspiration From The Last Of Us
- Review: Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage - December 8, 2018
- SEGA Announces Project Judge Coming to the West as Judgment - December 8, 2018
- Shawn Layden Kinda Teases Big PlayStation Things in 2019 on Twitter - December 8, 2018
- Super Meat Boy Forever Slated for an April 2019 Release - December 8, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Will Resume in Mid-January - December 8, 2018