Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail will be penning a prequel comic book to the hit television show this fall, published by Black Mask. The news was revealed by bird-themed pop culture website Vulture, though the only details about the story they were able to obtain were that the comic “will document the formation of the mysterious group known as fsociety.”
The rest will be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con on thursday, according to a tweet by the publisher.
Hello, friend. Curious what the secret Black Mask #SDCC2018 panel is Thursday at 1pm? "The world is a dangerous place… not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." https://t.co/P3yx9f0UGW
— Black Mask (@blackmaskstudio) July 16, 2018
Mr. Robot’s hacktivist aesthetic fits in nicely at Black Mask, which has published such titles as Occupy Comics and Calexit. The show will return with a fourth season later this year. Calexit writer and Black Mask founder Matteo Pizzolo will contribute to the comic, along with Mr. Robot writer Jeff McKibben, artist Antonio Fuso, and colorist Tyler Boss.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018