Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail will be penning a prequel comic book to the hit television show this fall, published by Black Mask. The news was revealed by bird-themed pop culture website Vulture, though the only details about the story they were able to obtain were that the comic “will document the formation of the mysterious group known as fsociety.”
The rest will be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con on thursday, according to a tweet by the publisher.
Hello, friend. Curious what the secret Black Mask #SDCC2018 panel is Thursday at 1pm? "The world is a dangerous place… not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." https://t.co/P3yx9f0UGW
— Black Mask (@blackmaskstudio) July 16, 2018
Mr. Robot’s hacktivist aesthetic fits in nicely at Black Mask, which has published such titles as Occupy Comics and Calexit. The show will return with a fourth season later this year. Calexit writer and Black Mask founder Matteo Pizzolo will contribute to the comic, along with Mr. Robot writer Jeff McKibben, artist Antonio Fuso, and colorist Tyler Boss.
- Image Announces Gerry Duggan World Tour - August 20, 2018
- A #MeToo Moment for the Time Variance Authority, Plus: In These Issues, X-Men Will Die! [X-ual Healing 8-22-18] - August 19, 2018
- Did Seth Rollins Raid Thanos’s Wardrobe for SummerSlam Outfit? [SPOILERS] - August 19, 2018
- Trish Stratus Returns for Evolution Dream Match Against Alexa Bliss - August 19, 2018
- Celestial Judgement is Upon the Marvel Universe, Plus Previews for All of Marvel’s 8/22 Releases - August 18, 2018