Paul Fieg, a director mostly known for comedies, is looking to make the jump into thrillers in September. Lionsgate has released a new trailer and poster for the upcoming thriller A Simple Favor. The vibes it’s currently giving off feels a little bit like Gone Girl in that we’re not entirely sure what’s going on or who to trust. It’s also going to be fun to see talented actresses like Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively take on complicated female roles, and Feig usually makes a good movie.
Summary: A Simple Favor centers around Stephanie, a mommy blogger who seeks to uncover the truth behind her best friend Emily’s sudden disappearance from their small town. Stephanie is joined by Emily’s husband Sean in this stylish thriller filled with twists and betrayals, secrets and revelations, love and loyalty, murder and revenge.
A Simple Favor, directed by Paul Feig, stars Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively, Henry Golding, Andrew Rannells, Linda Cardellini, Jean Smart, and Rupert Friend. It will be released on September 14th.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018