Paul Fieg, a director mostly known for comedies, is looking to make the jump into thrillers in September. Lionsgate has released a new trailer and poster for the upcoming thriller A Simple Favor. The vibes it’s currently giving off feels a little bit like Gone Girl in that we’re not entirely sure what’s going on or who to trust. It’s also going to be fun to see talented actresses like Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively take on complicated female roles, and Feig usually makes a good movie.
Summary: A Simple Favor centers around Stephanie, a mommy blogger who seeks to uncover the truth behind her best friend Emily’s sudden disappearance from their small town. Stephanie is joined by Emily’s husband Sean in this stylish thriller filled with twists and betrayals, secrets and revelations, love and loyalty, murder and revenge.
A Simple Favor, directed by Paul Feig, stars Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively, Henry Golding, Andrew Rannells, Linda Cardellini, Jean Smart, and Rupert Friend. It will be released on September 14th.
- Interview with Robert Rodriguez and Michelle Rodriguez for the VR Film ‘The Limit’ - November 20, 2018
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018