If you happen to be one of the people who was playing the PC remake of P.T., we got bad news and good news, depending on how you feel about it. Bad news: the game was shut down by Konami. The good news: the 17-year-old programmer who made it received an internship with the company.
In a piece written up by Qimsar on GameJolt, he let everyone know what the situation was, thanked everyone who helped him out, and then shut the game down at the company’s request. Whether or not he’ll be taking that work to Konami to finish the job is another story.
For those of you unfamiliar with P.T., this was a minigame released by Konami as a teaser for what was supposed to be Silent Hills. But after Kojima left the company and plans were scrapped, it currently remains the only thing that got published from the entire project. P.T. earned a cult following, which resulted in people making their own fiction about it. And, of course, this game. Rather than just leaving it to rot, Qimsar developed his own version that people have been able to download up until now and play. Here’s a video of a recent update now that you can’t play it anymore.
- Konami Says They Didn't Lock P.T. With the Latest Update
- Did Konami Send a Secret Patch to Break P.T. From Being Played?
- Konami Releases New Details for the PES League 2019 Season
- Saudi Arabia Bans 47 Video Games After Child Deaths
- Berlin Studio Klang Games Raises Nearly $9 Million for Their Latest Title
- People Are Still Finding Secrets in Silent Hill 2 Several Years Later
- Yu-Gi-Oh! to Receive New Physical Sets Coming in the Fall
- Fighting With Mechs in Space with Konami's Zone of the Enders
- Konami Unveil Their Latest Sports Title For the Switch: Hyper Sports R
- P.T. Made With PS1 Graphics Is Still Frightening
- P.T. Refuses To Get Made As Game Inspired By The Title Is Cancelled
- Review: DogMight Dice Carriers and Rolling Tray for Vampire: The Masquerade - November 21, 2018
- Hello Games Will Soon Add a “Vision” Update to No Man’s Sky - November 21, 2018
- We Tried to Break Everything We Could Testing Out Just Cause 4 - November 21, 2018
- Playtesting Dark Dungeons as We Check Out Underworld Ascendant - November 21, 2018
- Twitch Officially Announces a European Expansion to TwitchCon - November 21, 2018