Fans of the previous Bill & Ted movies were happy to find out back in May that a third movie in the series was going to happen. We haven’t heard anything about the movie since, and Yahoo asked star Keanu Reeves if he could provide an update. Unfortunately, he didn’t exactly have good news. It sounds like all of those confirmations may have been jumping the gun a bit.
“I don’t know if it’s a reality,” Reeves cautions. “We’ve been trying for a long time to get that film made, and it still has its challenges.”
Reeves went on to say that the holdups are more to do with red tape and financing than anything creative. They have plenty of ideas, but it takes more than good ideas to make a movie a reality.
“I really love the characters, and I think we have a good story to tell. Part of it is show business stuff — financing, rights, deals. Nothing creatively.” Asked how he plans to approach the task of playing an older — and maybe wiser? — Ted “Theodore” Logan, Reeves says he’s still figuring that part out. “It’ll be interesting to see what that’s like,” he said. “There’d be a lot about him that would be the same, I’m sure; his kind of optimistic naïveté in the face of the darkness will still be there. He has a child now, so I’m sure he’s matured.”
Reeves is currently doing press for his new movie Siberia and filming the third entry in the John Wick series. There is a fanbase for these movies and nostalgia, and years after the fact sequels are the name of the game. If there was ever a time for a third Bill & Ted movie to come to fruition it would be now, so fans shouldn’t worry too much.
- Interview with Robert Rodriguez and Michelle Rodriguez for the VR Film ‘The Limit’ - November 20, 2018
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018