Every year, the biggest gaming convention in Japan, Tokyo Game Show, seems to get larger with every passing con. It appears 2018 will be no different. The organizers behind the event, the Japanese Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association, have released a few details about this year’s numbers both with vendors and attendance figures so far, and it looks like 2018 is on par to set new records for the event. According to the figures released on July 3rd, the current number of exhibitors stands at 366, beating last year’s numbers at 311. The vent also currently has 2,166 booths registered, beating out the current record of 2,009 in 2015.
Some are projecting that the number will exceed somewhere between 2,200-2,300 by the time the show rolls around on September 20th at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba. While those figures may not mean much to those of us in the states, it should be noted that E3 ever year has over 300 exhibitors, depending on the year and the floorplan. If Tokyo Game Show does well this year, it could outpace or even overtake E3 as the biggest game convention in the world. But since we don’t have E3 2018’s full numbers yet, including attendance, there’s no way to know until the year closes out.
- Square Enix Announces Lineup for San Diego Comic-Con 2018
- RPG Maker MV Coming to the West on All 3 Major Consoles
- Devil May Cry 5's Next Big Reveals to Happen at Gamescom
- Yostar Announces an English Versions of Azur Lane
- Capcom Extends Trademark on Deep Down; Development May be Ongoing
- Fortnite Receives a New Vehicle in the Latest Patch - October 16, 2018
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018