Pose, one of the summer’s best new shows, just got picked up for a second season on FX!
The show, which is the brainchild of Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Steven Canals, has proven to be one of the highlights of summer television. It has drama, glitz, glamor, musical numbers, and oh yeah, the largest LGBTQ+ cast on television right now.
The show has not shied away from the darker topics that would have plagued the characters of the time. The honesty and emotional brutality has been unlike anything seen before for the community.
There are still two episodes left in this season, and we highly recommend catching up to catch the last few. It’s unclear whether the cast of Evan Peters, Kate Mara, James Van Der Beek, MJ Rodriguez, Dominique Jackson, Billy Porter, Indya Moore, Ryan Jamaal Swain, and Christopher Meloni are all set to return, but we certainly hope they do.
Pose has also made history with director Janet Mock to become the first trans black woman to direct a primetime drama. Some of the creative team behind the show (in addition to Murphy, Falchuk, and Canals) includes Our Lady J, Silas Howard (both of whom happen to be trans). Episode directors have also included Tina Mabry, and Gwyneth Horder-Payton, making the show diverse both in front of and behind the camera.
We can’t wait to see what the rest of the first season of Pose serves up and what season 2 will bring!
- American Horror Story Season 8: Billy Eichner Teases "Secret Friend", Says New Season Is a "Wild One"
- American Horror Story Season 8: 'Murder House'/'Coven' Crossover Gets Premiere Date
- Emma Roberts Teases "Coven's" Madison Montgomery for AHS Season 8
- Ryan Murphy Announces 'Murder House'/'Coven' Crossover for American Horror Story Season 8
- American Horror Story Season 8: Ryan Murphy Teases "Many Fan Favorites" Returning, "Huge Thing" in Episode 5
- Ryan Murphy's 'Pose' Brings the Glitz, Glamor, Grit, and Family Drama
- American Horror Story Season 8 Brings Billie Lourd Back to the Future
- Ryan Murphy Reveals AHS Season 8 Info: Set “18 Months From Today”, Evan Peters as Hairstylist and More
- Marvel’s ‘The Eternals’ Finds a Director in Chloe Zhao - September 21, 2018
- Jessica Gao Just Won an Emmy for Rick and Morty, Now She’s Developing Her Own Show - September 13, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘Once in a Lifetime Sessions’ Interview with Moby - August 20, 2018
- We Interview ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ on Family, Representation, and Why Now is the Moment - August 13, 2018
- Chatting with ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Exec Producer Trinh Tran - August 11, 2018