With Pokémon GO Fest on the way this weekend, Niantic decided to release new info about another event in the game called Zapdos Day. The company barely finished Articuno Day last week and they’ve decided to jump right into the next one, which included releasing dates and conditions.
You can participate in the event no matter where you’re at from July 14th-15th, but all achievements have to be met across the world for certain things to be unlocked. Here’s a snippet of the details.
If each area achieves its respective goals, Candy-related bonuses will unlock starting on July 16—including bonuses for catching Pokémon and participating in Raid Battles. Trainers can also unlock a bonus to reduce the distance needed to hatch Eggs!
If all goals are achieved, Trainers all over the globe will be able to receive up to five free Raid passes when they spin a Photo Disc at a Gym during Zapdos Day, featuring the Legendary Pokémon Zapdos. On Saturday, July 21, Zapdos will be exclusively available in Raid Battles around the world for a three-hour period. During that time, all Zapdos caught will know the Fast Attack Thundershock. You might even encounter a Shiny Zapdos!
We also expect the company to reveal something special for those who are in Chicago during the event, but much like last year, we’re guessing that won’t be revealed until someone on stage says it during Pokémon GO Fest.
- Pokémon GO Players Reporting Failures with Zapdos Day Event
- Celebi Has Been Added For Pokémon GO Fest Attendees
- Niantic Teases New Pokémon With a Pokémon GO Anniversary Tweet
- Dataminers Find More Pokémon GO Additions on the Way for 2018
- Pokémon GO Has Earned Over $1.8 Billion in Revenue
- Pokémon GO Has a New Festive Pikachu for Its Second Anniversary
- Pokémon GO Adds Snorlax as a Limited Time Research Reward
- Pokémon Go Enjoyed the Most Players Last Month It's Had Since Launch
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018