A little bit of interesting news from Nintendo on a few games we’d kind of assumed the company had either moved on from or were in the last phases of creating content for. Today, the company posted a short video interview with their general manager of software, Shinya Takahashi, who gave away a few surprises we weren’t expecting. The first big reveal was that after promoting the Labo crossover with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, he revealed that there are more updates coming to the game. No one could have predicted this, since the game has been out for over a year and there haven’t been any additions to it beyond patches.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 12, 2018
The other news is that while Splatoon 2 just received the Octo Expansion, Takahashi revealed that the game will be getting more free content updates all the way to December 2018. While that’s great news for Splatoon 2 players, it also signifies that there is an end-date for new content coming to the game.
This is a nice change compared to other games Nintendo released recently, with ARMS and Kirby All-Stars getting some additions and DLC but eventually stopping within a few months of their release. We’re looking forward to seeing what new content they intend to add.
- A Splatoon 2 Player Hacked Their System to Demand Hack Protection
- Nintendo Switch is Getting a New Action RPG From the White Cat Project Series
- Nintendo Wants More Crossplay, Just Not with Its Own Games
- GOD WARS: The Complete Legends Receives a Nintendo Switch Trailer
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- WWE 2K19 Won't Be Coming to Nintendo Switch This Year
- Masahiro Sakurai Says Super Smash Bros. Melee Was "Too Technical"
- Nintendo is Aiming for an Insane Nindies Release Schedule
- Skybound Entertainment Reveals New VR Title ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners’ - July 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Adds the Teen Titans to DC Universe Online - July 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives a New SDCC Trailer - July 18, 2018
- ‘Survived By’ Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone - July 18, 2018
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War’s Next Update Will Remove In-Game Market - July 18, 2018