A little bit of interesting news from Nintendo on a few games we’d kind of assumed the company had either moved on from or were in the last phases of creating content for. Today, the company posted a short video interview with their general manager of software, Shinya Takahashi, who gave away a few surprises we weren’t expecting. The first big reveal was that after promoting the Labo crossover with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, he revealed that there are more updates coming to the game. No one could have predicted this, since the game has been out for over a year and there haven’t been any additions to it beyond patches.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 12, 2018
The other news is that while Splatoon 2 just received the Octo Expansion, Takahashi revealed that the game will be getting more free content updates all the way to December 2018. While that’s great news for Splatoon 2 players, it also signifies that there is an end-date for new content coming to the game.
This is a nice change compared to other games Nintendo released recently, with ARMS and Kirby All-Stars getting some additions and DLC but eventually stopping within a few months of their release. We’re looking forward to seeing what new content they intend to add.
- Dataminers Figure Out the Next Splatoon 2 European Splatfest
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest in Japan Will be Over a Love of Chocolates
- Splatoon 2 to Receive an Octoling Amiibo This December
- Nintendo Drops Free Breath of the Wild DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Nintendo Launching a Special Splatoon 2 Splatfest During SDCC Weekend
- A Splatoon 2 Player Hacked Their System to Demand Hack Protection
- Nintendo Switch is Getting a New Action RPG From the White Cat Project Series
- Nintendo Wants More Crossplay, Just Not with Its Own Games
- GOD WARS: The Complete Legends Receives a Nintendo Switch Trailer
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- WWE 2K19 Won't Be Coming to Nintendo Switch This Year
- Masahiro Sakurai Says Super Smash Bros. Melee Was "Too Technical"
- Nintendo is Aiming for an Insane Nindies Release Schedule
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018