This week, NIS America released a brand-new Nintendo Switch trailer for GOD WARS: The Complete Legends – The Labyrinth of Yomi. The strategy RPG originally appeared on the PS4 and PS Vita, but is now getting a re-release for Nintendo on August 31st in Europe and September 4th in North America. The game is actually pretty awesome and, at least in our opinion, didn’t get as much hype as it should have back when it was first released. We have the game’s description and the new trailer for you below.
A long time ago, there was a beautiful land made up of three nations: Fuji, Izumo, and Hyuga. This land was called Mizuho. The people of Mizuho disliked conflict, honored their ancestral spirits, and lived in harmony with nature. However, over time, they began cultivating crops, forging and using metal, fighting wars, destroying nature, and neglecting to honor their ancestral spirits.
In the meantime, various locations in Mizuho suffered from natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions. In order to stop a destructive eruption, the Queen of Mizuho, Tsukuyomi, sacrificed her beloved daughter Sakuya to the mountain, confined her other daughter Kaguya within a bamboo seal in case of future disasters, and then disappeared. 13 years later, Princess Kaguya has grown into a beautiful woman and her childhood friend, Kintaro, saves her during a riot. She rises against her “fate to be a sacrifice,” and in order to follow her own path, they both escape from Fuji and journey across Mizuho to discover the truth behind Tsukuyomi’s decision.
- • The Complete Legend – Experience over 100 hours of new content in the Legend of Yomi, as well as the complete story from GOD WARS Future Past, including all of its DLC, and updates to the game’s mechanics to perfect your strategy!
- • A tale steeped in Japanese tradition – Step into Japan as you have never before seen it, and discover the wonder that has captivated orators, storytellers, and generations of people. Discover their stories, and meet the Myriad gods.
- • A wealth of customization and tactics – Customize 14 playable characters from more than 30 classes with 400+ skills and more than 250 unique pieces of equipment as you mold your party to face each new challenge.
- • Visuals from another age – Inspired by traditional Japanese ink painting and wood carving art, the artwork of GOD WARS will transport players to an age filled with mythology and wonder.
- Kadokawa Games Officially Announces God Wars 2 in Development
- Nintendo Wants More Crossplay, Just Not with Its Own Games
- Nintendo Teases More DLC Coming for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- RPG Maker MV Coming to the West on All 3 Major Consoles
- NIS America Announces SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for the Switch
- An Unexpected Surprise As We Try Out Metal Max Xeno with NIS America
- We Get a Good Look at Disgaea 1 Complete from NIS America
- SNK Heroines' Luong and Mian Got a Switch E3 Trailer
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018
- The Witcher and More Will Be Coming to Monster Hunter World in 2019 - December 10, 2018
- Looking Over Various Rubik’s Cubes for Educational Gaming - December 10, 2018
- Review: SCUF Gaming’s PS4 Vantage Gaming Controller - December 10, 2018