We gotta hand it to Epic Games, as they have become masters of stirring the pot about Fortnite without lifting a finger some days. Take, for example, their latest tweet, which already sent a ton of people into a frenzy over what was essentially nothing. As you can see below, the company teased the big reveal of what’s happening for Season 5 again this morning with a simple picture of a new kind of axe/pickaxe in the game that has the same kind of crack in the universe sitting on the blade, and just the words “Fortnite Season 5″ below it.
2 days until Season 5… pic.twitter.com/6mukx8KXLP
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) July 10, 2018
People immediately lost their shit trying to figure out what this means, while another side of the comments section told people to calm down because it meant nothing. While we applaud the idea and concept of teasing all the way there, we tend to side with the latter as the picture tells you absolutely nothing. Do people honestly expect an axe in the game that can cut through the ethereal planes? Honestly, we don’t even know if that’s a possibility, or if that’s even the story they’re trying to tell everyone. What we do know is we’ll find out in two days, so please, be excited about it but don’t go all rabid over something you can’t define yet.
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear
- Dataminers Show Off All The Season Five Gear in Fortnite
- You Can Now Do Gyro Aiming in Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch
- Epic Games Releases Fortnite Season 5 with Patch Notes Details
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018