Electronic Arts, better known as EA, has announced that Industrial Toys will be joining the company. Industrial Toys is a creative team of game makers based in Pasadena, California — not a toy manufacturing company, as you might expect from the name. The studio is led by Alex Seropian, who was previously the founder and CEO of Bungie Studios and is a former executive at Disney Interactive. The team is known for developing unique game ideas on different devices and are joining EA with a continued focus on bringing “new game concepts to life.”
“Creating breakthrough games takes passionate developers and incredible creativity, and each time we’ve worked with the Industrial Toys team, we’ve been inspired by their unique approach,” said Samantha Ryan, SVP and Group GM in EA’s Worldwide Studios group. “We’re thrilled to have them join our studio organization, pursue new ideas together and bring amazing new games to our players.”
The 14-person Industrial Toys studio is joining EA’s Worldwide Studios organization, the global creative collective responsible for development of EA titles across all major platforms. It is likely that Industrial Toys is joining EA as one of the EA Originals indie studios, but while the acquisition has been finalized this month, neither EA nor Industrial Toys disclosed any details of the agreement. This means we can only speculate as to what the merger means for both companies at this time.
EA has been steadily acquiring smaller indie dev studios, likely as part of a larger push for the Originals game offerings, but that has yet to be confirmed.
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018