Electronic Arts, better known as EA, has announced that Industrial Toys will be joining the company. Industrial Toys is a creative team of game makers based in Pasadena, California — not a toy manufacturing company, as you might expect from the name. The studio is led by Alex Seropian, who was previously the founder and CEO of Bungie Studios and is a former executive at Disney Interactive. The team is known for developing unique game ideas on different devices and are joining EA with a continued focus on bringing “new game concepts to life.”
“Creating breakthrough games takes passionate developers and incredible creativity, and each time we’ve worked with the Industrial Toys team, we’ve been inspired by their unique approach,” said Samantha Ryan, SVP and Group GM in EA’s Worldwide Studios group. “We’re thrilled to have them join our studio organization, pursue new ideas together and bring amazing new games to our players.”
The 14-person Industrial Toys studio is joining EA’s Worldwide Studios organization, the global creative collective responsible for development of EA titles across all major platforms. It is likely that Industrial Toys is joining EA as one of the EA Originals indie studios, but while the acquisition has been finalized this month, neither EA nor Industrial Toys disclosed any details of the agreement. This means we can only speculate as to what the merger means for both companies at this time.
EA has been steadily acquiring smaller indie dev studios, likely as part of a larger push for the Originals game offerings, but that has yet to be confirmed.
- Player Accuses Electronic Arts of Deleting Their Account Containing Hundreds of Games
- Electronic Arts No Longer Offering Free Games Through Origin
- MetaArcade Will be Releasing Cthulhu Chronicles App Game for iOS
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018