In case you’d like to have a better look at the way Dragon Quest XI is shaping up before launch, Square Enix decided to show off a little more. Yesterday, the company held a special livestream on Twitch, featuring members of their marketing and PR department in America chatting with Assistant Producer Hikari Kubota, series creator Yuji Horii, and Game Director Takeshi Uchikawa, as they talked about the game for about an hour and a half. The main highlight, other than hearing new information about the game, is that we get to see a bit of a boss battle against a giant squid.
If you go to the 49-minute mark, you’ll see the team join a boss battle in progress as they are aboard a ship fighting against a creature known as the Tentacular. The game is presented in the English version, so while the team is giving translated commentary, you can read what’s going on in the game. The video gives a nice bit of insight as to handle boss fights and make them work to your advantage rather than feeling overwhelmed right out of the gate. You’ll be able to try it yourself in a couple months as Dragon Quest XI is set to be released on September 4th.
- Square Enix Announce Dragon Quest XI S for Nintendo Switch
- Getting One Last Play of Dragon Quest XI at PAX West Before Release
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 to be Releases in Japan in December
- Dragon Quest XI is Getting a Costume From a Previous Chapter in the Series
- Square Enix Releases a New Dragon Quest XI Trailer Showing Off the Cast
- Switch Players Will Get Dragon Quest XI Content That PS4 Won't Have
- Square Enix Shows Off New Action Trailer for Dragon Quest XI
- Square Enix Shows Off Over 15 Minutes of Dragon Quest XI Gameplay
- Square Enix is Taking Dragon Quest XI Pre-Orders on Specific Retailers
- Dragon Quest XI is the Latest Collaboration Event for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius