Taika Waititi is one of those special filmmakers who is all character all the time, and he backs it up with substance in his work. One of the most delightful vampire comedies of the decade, What We Do in the Shadows, struck an undead chord with audiences and critics alike, eventually leading to Waititi directing a Marvel Studios film, Thor: Ragnarok.
WWDITS also was so widely enjoyed that it’s getting three additional entries. There’s a direct sequel called We’re Wolves about the clan of lycans in the film, an American tv series on FX called What We Do in the Shadows, which already has a 10-episode order, and a New Zealand-based mockumentary tv series called Wellington Paranormal set in the same universe (and featuring the two police officers from the first film).
Yesterday on his Twitter account, Taika shared this first look at Wellington Paranormal, which is set to hit TVNZ next week on July 11th:
— Taika Waititi (@TaikaWaititi) July 5, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi
- Taika Waititi Shares Image from Set of Jojo Rabbit, Calls it "Finite War"
- Things We Learned From 'Thor: Ragnarok' Special Features
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' TV Series Casts Doug Jones, 3 Others for FX Pilot
- FX Puts Pilot Commitment On 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Show
- Watch Taika Waititi Bounce Around The Thor: Ragnarok Set in the Bloopers/Gag Reel
- FINALLY, Some What We Do in the Shadows Spinoff Details
- Kathleen Kennedy Talks Taika Waititi Directing a Star Wars Film
- Conan O’Brien Holds Auditions for Batgirl - July 20, 2018
- SYFY Releases Official Trailer for ‘Nightflyers’ Series - July 19, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Jodie Whittaker Really is THAT Incandescent in Person - July 19, 2018
- Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns Bringing Stargirl to DC Universe Streaming Service - July 19, 2018
- SDCC Bash ‘Ready Party One’ Was Everything This Side of the OASIS - July 19, 2018