We’ve been looking at the ways that DC Comics’ adoption of the Walmart exclusive 100 Page Giants are changing the company. We noted how the non-glossy print stock used for the magazines is now being used on the regular comic book line, with Catwoman #1 being the first.
Yesterday, we mentioned that Action Comics #1001 would be the first DC title for an age to include a recap page, summarising the origin of Superman and the recent events of Man Of Steel. Something DC had resisted in the past, with publisher Dan DiDio speaking out against the practice, commonplace at Marvel Comics. And we wondered if it may be adopted across the line.
Yesterday, Dan DiDio posted in reply to questions about the anthologies saying that ‘There are recaps for every story and we upped the print runs for the number two issues. No reprints though.’
There have been reports of instant sellouts of the magazines in Walmarts across the country, though it seems many of these may be sales in bulk from collectors or dealers. eBay sales are from $15 for the first Superman volume to $28 for the first Teen Titans volume.
Word that those first issues will not be reprinted, is likely to drive those prices higher.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018