The official Dead Island account has said that Dead Island 2 is still set to come out at some point, despite being silent for years.
Dead Island 2 has been lost in the aether for quite a while. The game was announced all the way back in 2014 with a pretty cool trailer that showed a runner turning into one of the undead. The game was even seen at gaming shows with playable demos soon after, but it eventually hit trouble. The game ended up changing developer from Yager Developments to Sumo Digital in 2016 after differences between the original developer and Deep Silver. Since then, it’s assumed the project was off as it has been radio silent and even disappeared from Steam.
Well, not so fast. It seems that development on a sequel is still proceeding. Dead Island: Survivors has just launched on iOS and Android, giving the franchise the mobile treatment. However, with the announcement on Twitter, inevitably a fan asked about a sequel to the main game. The official Twitter then confirmed the game was still on the way saying:
Dead Island 2 is still in development and we will share more on this at a later stage.
— Dead Island (@deadislandgame) July 4, 2018
The account was reluctant to give out any release window, but it’s the first time this has been confirmed in a while. It’s clear that development on the game has been messy and toiled away in development hell but with that said, it’s good to know the game is still being worked on. I’d be curious to see what state it is in.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018