In the USA today it’s the 4th of July, Independence Day. This means the usual run of fireworks both sane and incredibly illegal, as well as various displays of patriotism both true and bold.
For protest group Rise and Resist, it was the perfect Wednesday federal holiday to unfurl an “ABOLISH ICE” banner on the pedestal base of Lady Liberty herself.
Right around the same time, an unidentified woman climbed out from the lower observation deck to sit at the giant sandaled foot.
Maybe he was just trying to reenact Ghostbusters 2?
ABCNews points out there is no indication at this time that the two occurrences are related.
According to CNN, the entirety of Liberty Island was evacuated in an attempt to remove the woman from the statue. 7 people have been arrested, all of whom were involved with the ‘protest’.
- Netflix’s New ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Series Poster, Release Date - December 10, 2018
- Legendary Pictures Working on ‘The Toxic Avenger’ Feature Film - December 10, 2018
- ‘Picard’ Will Balance ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘Next Generation’ Says Kurtzman - December 10, 2018
- Brie Larson Adds ‘Captain Marvel’ Items to TimesUp Auction - December 10, 2018
- Disney’s Avengers Initiative Launching Global Park Presence - December 10, 2018