Oh, Nintendo! You just keep making products that we want to gobble up like candy. At least, that’s how we feel about the latest 2DS XL models. The company’s Japanese Twitter showed off three new versions of the handheld console for three specific games. Much like the Hylian Shield version for The Legend of Zelda, we have ones made for Minecraft, Mario Kart 7, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. These are all decked the way you might expect from Nintendo, we especially have fallen in love with the Animal Crossing design as it’s far more intricate than the others.
[トピックス]特別デザインの「Newニンテンドー2DS LL」を３つご紹介！ https://t.co/00hqeneE8o
— 任天堂株式会社 (@Nintendo) July 3, 2018
Unfortunately for us, this is probably as close as we’ll come to see them as they are Japanese releases only. Right now, the company is planning to release the Mario Kart and Animal Crossing versions on July 19th, with the Minecraft version coming out on August 2nd. But beyond that, there are currently no scheduled plans to bring any of them to Europe or North America. Which is a shame because all three of them look like they’re a license to print money. Do you know how many people absolutely wanted an Animal Crossing game for the Switch? Imagine how much they’d pay for that 2DS XL!
- Nintendo Expects to Hit 20 Million Switch Shipments Target in 2019
- Rumor Mill: Is Fallout 4 Getting a Port to the Nintendo Switch?
- Nyko Is Making a Nintendo Switch Arcade Cabinet in the Labo Style
- Super Smash Bros. Creator Knows Fans Want Waluigi Says Nintendo Boss
- Nintendo is Holding a Contest to Win a Labo Cardboard Switch
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018