Earlier today, Thunderful Games announced that they had fully acquired Rising Star Games, including all assets and their U.K. and U.S. offices. The Sweden-based company sent out a post this morning on their website about the news, along with the fact that they’ve appointed a new Managing Director in Ed Valiente. So far, it looks like Rising Star will operate as its own entity away from Thunderful and not be completely merged with the company.
If you’re not familiar with Rising Star Games, they’re responsible for a number of titles including SteamWorld Dig 2, TrailBlazers, Lumo, 88 Heroes, along with upcoming games like Decay of Logos and RICO. Below are a few quotes from the notice sent out this morning.
“Once he knew what we were planning, getting Ed hooked on the idea was easy,” says Thunderful CEO Brjann Sigurgeirsson. “It’s the first time we recruit from outside Sweden, so it’s been a good exercise in dealing with Swedish red tape, housing and what have you. Having him on board is absolutely delightful.”
Interest from developers in teaming up with Thunderful Publishing has been… substantial, to say the least. Therefore, Thunderful has acquired 100% of the shares in Rising Star Games from Bergsala Holding to cope with the new workload, and to benefit from many years of expertise. Ed Valiente will be the new managing director at Rising Star Games, in addition to being the managing director of Thunderful Publishing.
“The team at RSG is very competent,” says Ed Valiente. “We look forward to bringing in quality titles for us all to work with.”
- Sony Confirms They're Adapting Valiant's Faith
- Segun Akinola to Score Doctor Who Season 11, Create a "Fresh Take" on Theme Song
- Harbinger Wars 2: Aftermath One-Shot Will Sort Through Rubble of Valiant's Super-Mega-Crossover Event
- Full Marvel Solicitations for August 2018: Celebrating Fantastic Four's 57th Birthday
- Shohei Ohtani Gets His Very Own Funko Pop Two-Pack
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018