SEGA has announced the release date for Shenmue I & II, the HD remaster of both the original Shenmue and its sequel. The remastered version of the games will launch both physically and digitally on PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, on August 21st, 2018. The game will also get a digital PC launch on Steam the same day. To accompany the announcement, SEGA released a new trailer which you can check out at the bottom of this post.
The release date announcement was accompanied by the launch of digital pre-orders for the game on PSN, Xbox Marketplace, and Steam with a 10% discount. You can also pre-order the game from SEGA approved digital retailers. The physical edition is also available for pre-order from US and EMEA retailers and comes with a double-sided poster starring favorite characters from the series as well as reversible cover art.
Since their original releases, Shenmue I & II have established a passionate following, and the series is revered as one of the best of all time. These games follow Ryo Hazuki as he sets out to avenge his father’s death and attempts to unravel the secrets behind a mysterious artefact known as the Dragon Mirror.
Shenmue I & II is the definitive version of these all-time classics and will be the best Shenmue experience to date. The re-release will contain all-new modernised features including fully scalable screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface, and the option to enjoy either the original Japanese or English voiceovers.
The release date trailer is below.
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Releases a New Trailer for Thronebreaker - October 18, 2018
- DICE Reveals More Battlefiled V War Stories’ Campaign Details - October 18, 2018
- Final Fantasy XI’s Kam’Lanaut has Joined the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Roster - October 18, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Launch Trailer is Here Early - October 18, 2018