Remedy Entertainment has put out a developer diary for Control further outlining the intentions of the game, the world and its lead character.
Control really did catch the eye at E3. The mindbending visuals, its mysterious world and it being the next game from the usually great Remedy Entertainment was more than enough to have you sit up and pay attention. As more details have come out, I’ve only gotten more excited, as the story of a woman trying to contend with weird and spooky artefacts really does make for a cool concept.
In their first developer diary for the game, you can get a closer look and understanding of the game as Remedy walk us through talk about the setting and the game’s lead protagonist. It also talks about the game’s influences in the ‘new weird’ genre, which mixes conspiracy, horror and sci-fi together into an unsettling cocktail. Take a look:
Everything I see about this game gets me more and more excited. The tone and feel of it feel pretty unique in the game space and those shifting bureau landscapes really do promise that Remedy is pushing the concept pretty far.
I can’t wait to see more and really dive into the story of what is going on here.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018