It would appear that John Malkovich is joining Jude Law in the upcoming HBO sequel to The Young Pope titled The New Pope.
The Young Pope followed the rise of Lenny Belardo (Law), aka Pius XIII, the first American Pope in history who happened to be one of the youngest in the modern college of cardinals. He of course wasn’t all he was cracked up to be — a mean streak and devious nature creating tension in the Holy City paired with a pious desire to ascend to heaven (eventually).
Malkovich is set to join the cast, but pretty much nothing is known about his character thus far.
Welcome to the papacy.
John Malkovich will join Jude Law in director Paolo Sorrentino's limited series The New Pope, coming soon to HBO. pic.twitter.com/4jX5Gc9hzb
— HBO (@HBO) July 2, 2018
We do know that Paolo Sorrentino is returning to write the new season, as well as Umberto Contarello and Stefano Bises.
The series is set to begin filming this November in Italy, but no additional production schedule (like an expected release date) have been revealed.
- The Power of Danny McBride, John Goodman Compels HBO to Order Televangelist Comedy Pilot
- Aquaman's Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Sara Vickers Join HBO's Watchmen Series
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent Join HBO's 'Watchmen' Universe
- Jeremy Irons Joins the Cast of HBO's 'Watchmen'
- Tessa Thompson Talks Playing [SPOILER] In Westworld Season 2 Finale
- Lisa Joy Talks All Those Westworld Season 2 Finale Twists and Turns
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie are Officially Married!
- Live From Games Workshop 500th Store Celebration - October 21, 2018
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018