Director Peyton Reed says he has jealousy issues when it comes to his characters Ant-Man and The Wasp. How, you ask? Well, apparently The Wasp was originally going to make her first (in the suit) appearance in the MCU during Captain America: Civil War.
During an interview with IGN, Reed commented that he and The Russos still have “a thing” about it:
“I have jealousy issues. Whenever these heroes pop-up in movies that I’m not involved in I get jealous. The Russos and I still have a thing about it.”
About The Wasp being introduced during Civil War, Reed commented that there just wasn’t enough time to do her justice.
Reed went on to say that it was important to have Ant-Man and The Wasp be a standalone thing, that Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and Hope van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) needed their own feature to explore who and what they are.
It’s a short interview, but you can see IGN’s chat with Reed here:
Ant-Man and The Wasp opens in theaters on July 6th, 2018.
- Internet Questions and Answers with 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' Cast
- Ant-Man and The Wasp Review: The Wasp is Here to Steal the Show in the Best Possible Way [Spoiler-Free]
- Kevin Feige: The MCU Will Someday Have More Female Heroes than Male Heroes
- Watch: Ant-Man and The Wasp Red Carpet Premiere Live
- "Every Bit of My Heart" Says James Gunn About Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Director Peyton Reed on Having the Freedom to Tell His Own Story
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Marvel Producer Calls Ghost "Awesome" and "Badass"
- 10 Behind-the-Scenes Pictures from Ant-Man and The Wasp
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Eyeing a $75M Opening Weekend
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018