The second season of Netflix series GLOW about the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling is back, and better than ever. The Golden Globe nominated series that celebrates all things girl power and amazing odd-ball Netflix comedy.
The performances are top notch (comedy is often an overlooked genre as far as excellence goes) but these ladies are at the top of their games and completely dedicated to the series.
If you missed season 2 episode 1 “Viking Funeral”, you can catch up here.
GLOW season 2 episode 2 “Candy of the Year”:
- The episode begins with filming, the audience isn’t
- Sheila won’t give up on the match, until the finally the Biddies take her down
- The ladies have gathered to watch the episode
- “Does she have better lightning than us now that she’s a producer? No, that’s just the internal glow of someone with power.”
- The next day, Sam lays down new rules, that the ladies need to audition matches and the best three will be the ones to make it to the show
- Debbie takes it upon herself to have the other producers over to her house for a meeting
- Yolanda reveals she’s a lesbian while talking about Ruth teaching her how to wrestle
- The idea to do a break dancing match for their audition happens, and we get some montage-ness of the two working on it
- Justine sells shirts at her boyfriend’s show, and she gets into a fight with the local older punks and gets thrown out
- Tammé shows up at Debbie’s house, knowing that Sam and Bash aren’t coming, and the two talk about what Debbie should do with her newfound producer’s position.
- Justine comes home with a bloody forehead, and Sam helps her dress the wound.
- He tells her he wants her stay, and that there will be some ground rules.
- The next day, Debbie brings boxes of Nerds to give the audiences sugar to keep them energized during the show
- Melrose and the Biddies show their match- and they’ve stolen a key part of Beruit’s gimmick, a transformation.
- Sheila and Britannica showcase their match, nice wrestling
- Manchu and Beruit don’t have anything other than their transformation gimmick, and Sam knocks them down
- Zoya and JunkChain show their hip hop based match, Sam doesn’t want it but Bash and Debbie convince him that it’ll be good for the show
Yes, pretty sure the theme of this season is tension, and/or just how annoying but well-meaning Ruth can be before Sam kills her.
GLOW season 2 is currently streaming on Netflix.
- Zoya, Liberty Belle GLOW Action Figures Coming from Funko
- Let's Talk About GLOW Season 2, Episode 5, 'Perverts are People Too'
- Let's Talk About GLOW Season 2, Episode 4, 'Mother of all Matches'
- Whats Gonna Happen in ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Episode 7 “Down The Rabbit Hole”?! - December 12, 2018
- You’ve Heard of Elf on a Self, Get Ready for ‘The Predator’ Holiday Special?! - December 12, 2018
- Jordan Peele’s ‘The Twilight Zone’ Gains Steven Yuen - December 12, 2018
- DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’ Adds Ian Ziering as Blue Devil - December 12, 2018
- ‘The Mandalorian’ Adds Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito to Cast - December 12, 2018