Those of you excited to see the Sonic the Hedgehog movie that’s in the works just got a specific role filled by someone crazy enough to pull it off. While the decision isn’t final, Deadspin is saying Jim Carrey is close to signing a deal to become the game’s primary villain Dr. Robotnik/Dr. Eggman for the film.
With the moving being a live-action/CGI combination, the actor would be one of the most ideal candidates to fill the role as he could bring life to the character if they went down the physical road and give him great personality if it was all CGI.
The Sonic the Hedgehog movie already has James Marsden and Tika Sumpter on board for the leading roles in the film, with Jeff Fowler serving as the director. Yet with all of this planning going on, no one has heard a thing about the script from Pat Casey and Josh Miller. So we’re still kind of stuck waiting to see if the storyline for this will even be any good. What do you think of having Carrey as the main villain? What are your thoughts on getting a Sonic film int he first place, and do we even need one?
- Sega Announces Pre-Reg for Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2
- Sonic Forces Original Soundtrack – The Vinyl Cutz Get a July Release
- Sega Reveals Team Rose to Join the Fray in Team Sonic Racing
- Sega Drops New Gameplay Trailer for Team Sonic Racing
- Sega and Atlus Reveal What They're Bringing to E3 2018
- Sonic the Hedgehog Returns with Team Sonic Racing
- The World War Z Video Game Gets a New Trailer - December 12, 2018
- Nintendo Adds Three More NES Games to Nintendo Switch Online - December 12, 2018
- Epic Games Will Offer More Services to Further Crossplay Services - December 12, 2018
- The ZeniMax and Oculus Lawsuit is Finally Settled - December 12, 2018
- The Game Awards Boasts Doubled Viewership From Last Year - December 12, 2018