Leave it to the Overwatch community to find something awesome to do with a character that the devs had no intention of adding to the game. If you haven’t had a chance to play as Wrecking Ball on the PTR, you might want to download the update and get in on this action as soon as possible, as players are foregoing normal matches and are playing a new player-created mode called Hammond Racing.
The short version: both sides agree not to fight or use weapons against each other, and instead use Wrecking Ball’s grappling hook only to race from the start of a Payload level until the end. Here’s a look at it on Fenner’s Twitter account as he calls the color commentary.
— Fenner (@DanielFenner) June 28, 2018
This is one of those moments in Overwatch where the community is basically dictating what they feel like doing with the character rather than just playing to the norms of fighting six-on-six matches of all the same character. To us, this is a golden opportunity for the Blizzard devs to take advantage of the fandom and get to work on a brand-new mode in the game — if not a permanent arcade feature, at least a seasonal event for the upcoming Summer Games. Fingers crossed this becomes a real thing and a new esport for the company!
- Overwatch Fans Raised Over $12 Million for Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Overwatch's Hammond Gets An Intro Trailer and Developer Update
- Overwatch's Latest Hero is Already on the PTR for Testing
- Overwatch's Next Hero is... a Hamster?
- Sombra is Getting Unlimited Stealth and Translocator in Upcoming Overwatch Patch
- Blizzard Has Started Selling Tickets for the Overwatch World Cup
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018