As you might suspect, Bethesda Softworks would like to do crossplay across all platforms for Fallout 76. Unsurprisingly, Sony won’t do it.
According to an interview with GameStar, Game Director Todd Howard pretty much called out the company as being not only difficult to work with, but pretty much unhelpful when it comes to what he calls “a big trend in the games industry”. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone considering the dealings they had with Epic Games and the blowback from fans of Fortnite from not allowing players to use their accounts on the Switch.
At the time, the studio didn’t do much commentary on the matter and simply pointed out the fact that it couldn’t be done. Howard calling the company out by name and expressing disappointment over the situation is a big deal in terms of addressing the matter. It is insane that Valve, Microsoft, and Nintendo can all come together to work on titles for crossplay, but Sony can’t seem to see a way to working with everyone when this is clearly a move toward the future of gaming. Maybe they’ll change their minds from public outcry as we move toward Fallout 76‘s release? But right now, that seems like a pipe dream.
- Bethesda Sells Fallout 76's Version of "Country Roads" for Charity
- Rumor Mill: Is Fallout 4 Getting a Port to the Nintendo Switch?
- Bethesda's Todd Howard Says Fallout 5 Will Be Single-Player Focused
- Fallout 76's Instructional Videos Are Now Being Released
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Making Their Own Map Before the Game Comes Out
- Fallout 76's Beta is Coming to Xbox One First
- Anthem, Kingdom Hearts III, and Fallout 76 are the Most Talked-About E3 Games So Far
- Fallout 76, Devil May Cry 5, Battlefield V Announced as Xbox One X Enhanced Titles
- ConcernedApe to Focus More on Stardew Valley for a While - December 14, 2018
- Epic Games Already Planning to Nerf and Vault the Fortnite Infinity Sword - December 14, 2018
- Nintendo Discontinues the NES and SNES Classic Editions - December 14, 2018
- Twitch to Air Holiday Spectacular Show to Look Back on 2018 - December 14, 2018
- Sixteen Years of Red vs. Blue: An Interview With Gus Sorola - December 14, 2018