After spending years building up to Roman Reigns‘ coronation as WWE Champion in a match that was previously expected to take place at SummerSlam against Brock Lesnar, it seems that fate — and UFC performance enhancing drug policies — have intervened. Lesnar won’t be participating in the PPV, at least according to the latest rumor in the will-he-won’t-he cycle.
PW Insider reports the latest on Lesnar’s status, after competing dirt sheet The Wrestling Observer reported that today, June 29th, was the deadline for Lesnar to enter the USADA testing pool thanks to his previous bust for juicing before a fight if he wants to compete at UFC’s December PPV. WWE extended Lesnar’s contract after changing their minds about coronating Reigns at WrestleMania and the Greatest Royal Rumble, but the company may have to wait once more as the Universal Champion might not be available to wrestle until next year if he’s prepping for a UFC fight.
Of course, for WWE fans, who have consistently rejected Roman Reigns for more than three years, Lesnar’s absence could be a blessing in disguise… even if it continues to keep WWE’s highest-ranking championship off WWE’s wrestling shows for even longer.
- Relationship Troubles Abound in Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #6 - December 16, 2018
- Tell Us What You Loved About the X-Men Comics This Year [X-ual Healing 12-12-18] - December 16, 2018
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018