After spending years building up to Roman Reigns‘ coronation as WWE Champion in a match that was previously expected to take place at SummerSlam against Brock Lesnar, it seems that fate — and UFC performance enhancing drug policies — have intervened. Lesnar won’t be participating in the PPV, at least according to the latest rumor in the will-he-won’t-he cycle.
PW Insider reports the latest on Lesnar’s status, after competing dirt sheet The Wrestling Observer reported that today, June 29th, was the deadline for Lesnar to enter the USADA testing pool thanks to his previous bust for juicing before a fight if he wants to compete at UFC’s December PPV. WWE extended Lesnar’s contract after changing their minds about coronating Reigns at WrestleMania and the Greatest Royal Rumble, but the company may have to wait once more as the Universal Champion might not be available to wrestle until next year if he’s prepping for a UFC fight.
Of course, for WWE fans, who have consistently rejected Roman Reigns for more than three years, Lesnar’s absence could be a blessing in disguise… even if it continues to keep WWE’s highest-ranking championship off WWE’s wrestling shows for even longer.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018