It appears the developers of ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove have found a new publisher and now have a target release window. The publishers are… themselves!
HumaNature Studios originally funded the game on Kickstarter back in 2015 and quickly were able to snag Adult Swim Games as a publisher. However, according to their most recent update, it appears the company ran into some issues with them and were continually being pushed back. So the devs let their fans know they’ve parted ways with ASG and will be moving in a riskier venture to self-publish and are aiming for fall 2018 as their window. Here’s a snippet from the announcement.
“Going forward Adult Swim Games is no longer going to be our publisher. Instead we are going back to self-publishing! Adult Swim Games has some other big titles they plan to launch this summer so when Back in the Groove pushed back, we both agreed that it made sense for them to hand us the reigns, rather than taking a chance on this getting pushed back any more. Also I’d like to say how deeply grateful I and all of us here at HumaNature Studios are to Adult Swim Games. We wouldn’t have gotten this game to this point without them…seriously. Thank You Adult Swim!”
- Death’s Gambit Gets a New Gameplay Trailer from Adult Swim Games
- Adult Swim Has Acquired Big Pixel Studios
- Adult Swim Games Gives Death's Gambit a New Trailer and Release Date
- Adult Swim Games Will Bring Pool Panic to PC and Nintendo Switch
- Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality Coming to PSVR in April
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018