We discuss the deeply weird Cobra Woman, a 1944 South Seas adventure featuring evil twin Maria Montez, cobra dancing, and a mute Lon Chaney, Jr. This movie is the essence of Tiki — a film that takes you to a world that never was and could never be and contains its own exotic internal logic. Don’t miss the amazing “cobra dance”, meant to hypnotize the cobra so the queen can choose her human sacrifices. Somehow this involves gun fingers. Amazing.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
California Tiki Podcast Links
Check out the California Tiki book.
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2 and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing, and Adam Foshko, Director of Story Development for Activision’s Call of Duty, Skylanders and Destiny franchises, Including Story consultant on Destiny 2.
- Castle of Horror: Bela Lugosi Played The Perfect Narcissist in ‘The Raven’ - December 17, 2018
- Castle of Horror: ‘The Black Cat’ Reflected Bela Lugosi’s True-Life War Trauma - December 11, 2018
- Castle Talk: “Camelot Code” Author Mari Mancusi has Arthur Swap Places With A Gamer - December 5, 2018
- Castle of Horror: ‘Rue Morgue’ Showed Bela Lugosi’s Weird Versatility - December 3, 2018
- Castle Talk: Anthony Rotolo Will Make You Remember The Golden Age Of TV Horror For You - November 28, 2018