A little something that should make Nintendo Switch fans happy: Square Enix is putting in some bonus content to Dragon Quest XI.
The news comes from the company’s recent shareholders meeting, where several people leaked the word out that the company will be putting extra content into the Switch version that will not be included in the PS4 version. Below is one of the translated tweets breaking the news.
Square General Assembly. The DQ 11 Switch version contains additional elements not included in the PS4 version. Regarding the remake of FF7, progress has been told from the outside, but development is steadily progressing and I want you to be relieved. I do not develop the HD of DQ 3 (like 11), but I am considering, but I think that the development of DQ 12 will be the first.
— ゆず (@yuzz__) June 22, 2018
Now, obviously, because this is a shareholders meeting and not a full-blown content discussion, there’s no way to know what exactly will be in each version of the game. That will more than likely be a reveal we get sometime closer to launch. But it does make us curious what Square Enix saw in the Switch and Nintendo to make them add something else to that version, while PS4 fans will get what we can assume is a standard version of Dragon Quest XI.
- Getting One Last Play of Dragon Quest XI at PAX West Before Release
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 to be Releases in Japan in December
- Dragon Quest XI is Getting a Costume From a Previous Chapter in the Series
- Square Enix Releases a New Dragon Quest XI Trailer Showing Off the Cast
- Dragon Quest XI Shows Off More Gameplay in Latest Livestream
- Square Enix Shows Off New Action Trailer for Dragon Quest XI
- Square Enix Shows Off Over 15 Minutes of Dragon Quest XI Gameplay
- Square Enix is Taking Dragon Quest XI Pre-Orders on Specific Retailers
- Dragon Quest XI is the Latest Collaboration Event for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Dragon Quest XI Will Have New Features to Appeal to a Western Audience