There’s a very good chance that actor Tom Holland didn’t just spoil the title of the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, but maybe he did. We don’t really know for sure. What we do know is that Holland posted the following video to his Instagram. He talks about how he has nothing to announce and then flashes what looks like an iPad, says it’s the script, and you can briefly see what the title: Spider-Man: Far From Home. Oh, and Avengers: Infinity War spoilers in the video.
This is by no means a confirmation. That logo appears to be the same logo from Spider-Man: Homecoming, and they wouldn’t use the same font and logo twice. There would be at least some sort of difference. There’s also the fact that the front of scripts don’t have logos like that. They are plain, black pages with a title on it. They aren’t colorful like that.
Finally, Holland has “spoiled” things before and it turned out to be a ploy, such as when he revealed the Avengers: Infinity War poster on Instagram live before Marvel announced it. It becomes something of a running joke, so maybe Marvel is just leaning into it.
The main takeaway is, despite what other outlets might be saying, this is by no means an official confirmation — and until we hear it from more official outlets, consider this one to be a rumor at best.
- Check Out BossLogic's 'Spider-Man: Homies' Poster
- James Wan Talks About Making Sure Aquaman isn’t Superman - July 18, 2018
- Jude Law: There’s a Dash of Anarchy and a Sense of Mystery in Young Dumbledore - July 17, 2018
- First Look at Young Billy Batson in Shazam! - July 17, 2018
- First Trailer for Amusement Park-Set Horror Movie ‘Hell Fest’ is Here - July 17, 2018
- The Predator: Shane Black Talks Designing the Ultimate Predator - July 17, 2018