There’s a very good chance that actor Tom Holland didn’t just spoil the title of the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, but maybe he did. We don’t really know for sure. What we do know is that Holland posted the following video to his Instagram. He talks about how he has nothing to announce and then flashes what looks like an iPad, says it’s the script, and you can briefly see what the title: Spider-Man: Far From Home. Oh, and Avengers: Infinity War spoilers in the video.
This is by no means a confirmation. That logo appears to be the same logo from Spider-Man: Homecoming, and they wouldn’t use the same font and logo twice. There would be at least some sort of difference. There’s also the fact that the front of scripts don’t have logos like that. They are plain, black pages with a title on it. They aren’t colorful like that.
Finally, Holland has “spoiled” things before and it turned out to be a ploy, such as when he revealed the Avengers: Infinity War poster on Instagram live before Marvel announced it. It becomes something of a running joke, so maybe Marvel is just leaning into it.
The main takeaway is, despite what other outlets might be saying, this is by no means an official confirmation — and until we hear it from more official outlets, consider this one to be a rumor at best.
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018