One of the returning villains for Marvel’s Luke Cage season two is Hernan “Shades” Alvarez as played by Theo Rossi. The character had a very interesting arc in the first season, been sent in by Diamondback (Erik LaRay Harvey) to get Cottonmouth (Mahershala Ali) back on track, but eventually he loyalties switched to Mariah Dillard (Alfre Woodard) and he was one of the few to survive the first season. Rossi was on the red carpet for the world premiere of season two Thursday night and was asked about the future evolution of Shades.
Rossi talks about the ensemble cast and how they will take a character like Shades, go back and see where he came from, what makes him tick and why he is where he is at the moment. And because the show does things like that and that they take chances on things other series won’t even touch, it makes Marvel’s Luke Cage like nothing else on television. Rossi thinks the thing that will surprise fans the most about Shades is his past as the new season will explore a lot of that and you get the sense of why loyalty is so important to him. And he stresses again that these characters aren’t necessarily villains as they see themselves as the hero of their own story.
Marvel’s Luke Cage season 2 is available now on Netflix.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018