Nick Derington may have recently finished his eleven issue run on Doom Patrol. But he’s pairing up with a new writer who is just as high profile as Gerard Way, in comics at least.
Derington is to draw Brian Bendis‘ upcoming Universe exclusive story for the DC 100-Page Giant Batman comic, exclusive to Walmart. And he even proffered a visual on Twitter….
the fact that @NickDerington is drawing the Batman story was accidentally omitted from the press release, so this is a @DCComics news exclusive!! Walmart! Batman: universe! 12 parts! Me and Derington! and tons of guest stars! including Green Arrow! pic.twitter.com/bBaqdqAFEU
— BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (@BRIANMBENDIS) 22 June 2018
— Nick Derington (@NickDerington) June 22, 2018
And we also get a look at Andy Kubert’s artwork for Tom King;s Up In The Sky story being serialised in the 100 Page Superman comic too.
Coming up in Superman: Up in the Sky.
Art by Andy Kubert. pic.twitter.com/cxj9OP0CiI
— Tom King (@TomKingTK) June 22, 2018
The announcement of the Walmart deal continues to be the big news. But I understand that we are to receive even bigger DC Comics news before San Diego Comic-Con kicks off. And no, not the paper stock or the page numbers…
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018
- Will You Find Doctor Aphra in Your Return of Wolverine #1 Second Printing? - October 18, 2018
- Landry Walker’s Writer’s Commentary for A Clash Of Kings #13 - October 18, 2018
- Dinesh Shamdasani Shaves Head to Match Bloodshot’s Vin Diesel - October 18, 2018
- Grant Morrison’s Midnight Green Lantern Tops Advance Reorders - October 18, 2018