Nick Derington may have recently finished his eleven issue run on Doom Patrol. But he’s pairing up with a new writer who is just as high profile as Gerard Way, in comics at least.
Derington is to draw Brian Bendis‘ upcoming Universe exclusive story for the DC 100-Page Giant Batman comic, exclusive to Walmart. And he even proffered a visual on Twitter….
the fact that @NickDerington is drawing the Batman story was accidentally omitted from the press release, so this is a @DCComics news exclusive!! Walmart! Batman: universe! 12 parts! Me and Derington! and tons of guest stars! including Green Arrow! pic.twitter.com/bBaqdqAFEU
— BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (@BRIANMBENDIS) 22 June 2018
— Nick Derington (@NickDerington) June 22, 2018
And we also get a look at Andy Kubert’s artwork for Tom King;s Up In The Sky story being serialised in the 100 Page Superman comic too.
Coming up in Superman: Up in the Sky.
Art by Andy Kubert. pic.twitter.com/cxj9OP0CiI
— Tom King (@TomKingTK) June 22, 2018
The announcement of the Walmart deal continues to be the big news. But I understand that we are to receive even bigger DC Comics news before San Diego Comic-Con kicks off. And no, not the paper stock or the page numbers…
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018
- Marvel Finally Reveals What ‘T’Challa’ Actually Means - August 18, 2018
- You Can Find All Sorts of Things on Reddit in the Marvel Universe - August 18, 2018
- Is the Punisher Coming to London’s East End? - August 18, 2018