If you’ve been wondering just when Netflix would get around to bringing back Castlevania, we now kinda have an idea when. Warren Ellis took to Twitter this week to let fans of the series know, as best as we’re sure an NDA will let him, what the plans are for Season 2 of the animated series. Aside from confirming the news from a few months ago that it will be eight episodes long, it appears we’ll be getting it sometime between now and the start of 2019.
FAQ: #CASTLEVANIA season 2 will be 8 episodes long, out sometime later this year. I don’t have the release date yet – these things are decided by people other than me. Lots and lots of great animators are working incredibly hard on it. You’ll have plenty of warning of the date. pic.twitter.com/9aZ6S1dD6z
— Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Eʟʟɪs (@warrenellis) June 19, 2018
If the producers at Netflix are smart, they’ll hold onto it until October and make it a Halloween release, as we’re sure the content will match up or be even gorier than the first season. Which would make it the perfect horror addition to their original library. But as Ellis said, those decisions are handled by other people, and Netflix doesn’t always follow suit with what others do. So if they wanted to release Castlevania in July again like last year, they could certainly do so.
- Netflix Releases a New Poster for Castlevania Promoting Blood vs. Blood
- A New Character Confirmed for Netflix's Castlevania by Adi Shankar
- Netflix Debuts a New Trailer for Castlevania's Second Season
- Netflix Confirms Castlevania Season 2 Will Premiere in October
- Rumor Mill: Simon Belmont Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
- Seis Manos: Netflix Orders Mexico-Based Anime from Castlevania's Powerhouse Animation, VIZ Media
- A New Castlevania Has Been Announced But it's a Japan Exclusive Mobile Game
- Castlevania Will Be Back On Netflix With Eight Episodes This Summer
- Netflix's 'Castlevania' Review: A Gamer's Take On The Series