Blackstar Warrior is the first original short film to air on Brown Sugar, the subscription streaming service that dubs itself ‘just like Netflix, only blacker’.
Described as an original new blaxploitation-meets-Star Wars mashup starring Leonard Roberts (Drumline, Love Jones), Blackstar Warrior will debut on Brown Sugar from tomorrow, June 24th.
Set in a 1970s version of the future, the tongue-in-cheek film follows space detective Tyson Roderick who, in his quest to discover the truth behind his origins, stumbles into-and-must defeat a cult hellbent on taking over the galaxy.
The film was directed by Matt Haley and co-written by Simon Oré.
And here’s the trailer. A full series must be next, surely?
Brown Sugar is available on Amazon Channels, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Kindle, Apple TV, Roku, Android and Apple smartphones and tablets and web browsers via BrownSugar.com. Brown Sugar also has Google Chromecast capabilities which allow video to play on televisions directly from mobile devices and tablets for consumers with Android and iOS devices. Customers receive a seven-day free trial, and then pay $3.99 per month thereafter. Might be worth taking a trip to BrownSugar.com for this one?
- London Film and Comic Con 2018 Launches Its First Comics Symposium - July 18, 2018
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018