Blackstar Warrior is the first original short film to air on Brown Sugar, the subscription streaming service that dubs itself ‘just like Netflix, only blacker’.
Described as an original new blaxploitation-meets-Star Wars mashup starring Leonard Roberts (Drumline, Love Jones), Blackstar Warrior will debut on Brown Sugar from tomorrow, June 24th.
Set in a 1970s version of the future, the tongue-in-cheek film follows space detective Tyson Roderick who, in his quest to discover the truth behind his origins, stumbles into-and-must defeat a cult hellbent on taking over the galaxy.
The film was directed by Matt Haley and co-written by Simon Oré.
And here’s the trailer. A full series must be next, surely?
Brown Sugar is available on Amazon Channels, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Kindle, Apple TV, Roku, Android and Apple smartphones and tablets and web browsers via BrownSugar.com. Brown Sugar also has Google Chromecast capabilities which allow video to play on televisions directly from mobile devices and tablets for consumers with Android and iOS devices. Customers receive a seven-day free trial, and then pay $3.99 per month thereafter. Might be worth taking a trip to BrownSugar.com for this one?
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Speculators, Meet Erika The Red in Thor #7 (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Stan Lee’s ‘With Great Power’ In Today’s Comic Books – and Playboy Magazine - November 14, 2018
- How Avengers #700 Leads Into February’s Wolverine: The Infinity Watch #1 - November 14, 2018
- Tom King Shaves His Beard Just Like Mister Miracle #12 (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018