Searching, or Search as it was known at the time, was one of the surprise hits of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival because it was one of those movies that sounded terrible on paper. A thriller shot entirely on cameras from computers and iPhones? But the combination of a smart story and fantastic acting by John Cho made it into something special. Sony is giving it an early August release and dropped a new trailer today.
After David Kim’s 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a local investigation is opened and a detective is assigned to the case. But 37 hours later and without a single lead, David decides to search the one place no one has looked yet, where all secrets are kept today: his daughter’s laptop. In a hyper-modern thriller told via the technology devices we use every day to communicate, David must trace his daughter’s digital footprints before she disappears forever.
Searching, directed by Aneesh Chaganty, stars John Cho, Debra Messing, Joseph Lee, Michelle La, and Sara Sohn. It will be released on August 3rd.
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible – Fallout - July 16, 2018
- James Wan Talks About Keeping Aquaman a Self-Contained Film - July 16, 2018
- RUMOR: The Team of Awesome Ladies Set to Appear in Birds of Prey - July 16, 2018
- Shazam! Lights Up in New Image from the Upcoming DC Movie - July 16, 2018
- Harrison Ford is in Final Negotiations to Star in Call of the Wild - July 16, 2018